What is Internal Storage in Your Phone?
- A mobile phone provides you with some internal space to store your own private files.
- These files include the photos and videos you take on your camera, music, and documents downloaded, among other forms of data.
- These files are usually stored for your own personal use and can only be accessed by your phone’s Apps.
- For instance, you can use your phone gallery App to view pictures and videos stored on your phone.
- The internal storage capacity can always be extended using a Secure Digital Card (SD Card).
- An SD Card can be fitted to your phone to hold some of your personal data, which you can access through operating your phone’s applications.
- Whether or not to insert an SD Card (memory card) depends on how much data/files you decide to retain in your phone.
- Internal storage in mobile phones may come in the following sizes;
- The phone’s internal storage can be viewed through the File Manager/My Files App.
Also read: Phone Screen Resolution and Why it Matters