What Dual SIM Means and How Dual SIM Phones Work
- A Dual SIM card phone is a phone that enables you to use 2 SIM cards at the same time.
- Each of the 2 SIM cards gives you a phone number to a network.
- You may, for instance, use your Safaricom SIM/number and Telkom SIM/number in a single mobile phone.
- Dual SIM is a feature that is intended to bring convenience to mobile users.
- You can choose which network works best for you in texting or calling people at any given time.
- The choice is usually dependent on the charges by a given network for services such as calls.
- Having a Dual SIM phone means you can operate with 2 different phone numbers from the same phone.
- Dual SIM is also crucial in the purchase of internet data bundles since the various networks have differently priced bundle packages.
- Having a single SIM card phone limits you to only one network for calls, texts, and browsing.
- Using a dual SIM card phone, you also have the luxury of operating a personal and a business number from the same phone.
Also read: What is RAM in Phones?