How to Replace Lost KCSE and KCPE Certificates

How to check your KCPE RESULTS 2019
How to check your KCPE RESULTS 2019

How to Replace Lost KCSE and KCPE Certificates

You might have lost your KCSE or KCPE certificate, that vital document that proves to the world that you are a learned fellow. Perhaps you do not know how to get a replacement. This is the place to be. Again if you want to know the location of Mitihani House or KNEC Offices, this is the place to be

Requirements for Lost Certificate Replacement

These are the requirements for issuance of the replacement certificate:

  1. The applicant should download and fill an application form requesting for a replacement certificate. 

To download the application form, log in to and on the left side point at certificate replacement and confirmation. Then click on the application for replacement of certificates. Make sure you have the following before applying:

  1. The applicant should have a recommendation letter from the school or institution attended indicating that one had been issued with an authentic KNEC certificate.
  2. Those from a private center or whose former school or institution closed down, should get a letter from PDE/DEO.
  3. The applicant should also have a police abstract indicating the loss of the original certificate.

Lost KCSE and KCPE Certificates Replacement

  1. To be attached to the certificate replacement request form is a sworn legal affidavit on the identity of the applicant.
  2. The applicant should attach a copy of his or her national identification card to the application form.
  3. Pay a processing fee. The applicant should deposit 5,000/= to cater for the replacement certificate and attach the deposit slip to the application form before submitting it to the council.
  4. Once approved, the replacement certificate will be issued within two months from the date of application.
  5. The applicant should collect the replacement certificate in person from KNEC and remember to carry an original ID card/passport or birth certificate.

 For more information about replacing your lost certificate, please check the KNEC Website