The National Transport and Safety Authority (NTSA) has formally announced a move to aimed at discarding the old manual driving licenses and issuing motorists with new-age smart licenses. The authority has further issued a caveat instructing all drivers to have obtained the new license by July 1st this year lest they find themselves on the reverse side of the law.
Here are the simple steps to follow to submit your application for one;
- Create an NTSA TIMS account.
- Confirm details. Log in to your NTSA TIMS account with the guidance of an NTSA agent. The agent will help you to confirm your personal details.
- Submit Payment. Once your personal details have been confirmed to be correct, you will be required to make a payment of KES 3,050 via M-pesa.
- Book appointment date. Once payment is made, the requirement is that you book an appointment date with any Kenyan County government of your choice. You are advised to book in advance.
- Biometrics and signature. On the appointed date, you will go to the county offices you chose and have your digital picture, biometrics and the digital signature taken.
- Once processed, your license will be printed.
- This is the final step. Once validation is done, you will have your smart license.
I am a man full of life, a sane mind and a clear vision. An avid writer of content that addresses social justice, equity in governance and provides checks on excesses. If you have content you feel should be put out there to address ills in the aforementioned fields, make haste to reach me via firstname.lastname@example.org.