How to prepare sweet and spicy chicken curry
Today being a Friday, you can decide to do something amazing for your family this weekend. instead of eating out you can try this simple recipe for a spicy chicken curry.
- 3 Tbsp. (45 ml) cooking oil
- 1 whole chicken, cut into portions
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red or green capsicum, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves (sliced)
- 1 -2 fresh green or red chillies, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) curry powder
- 1 x 410 g tin tomatoes, chopped (or 3 large tomatoes)
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- 1 cup (250 ml) frozen peas
- ½ cup (125 ml) freshly chopped dhania (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Brown the chicken pieces a few at a time. Remove the chicken from the pan and fry the onions, green capsicum, garlic and chillies until soft.
- Add the curry powder and fry for a minute.
- Return the chicken pieces to the saucepan; add the tomatoes, water and jam. Stir well, cover and let it simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the frozen peas and cook for a further five minutes until heated through.
- If you’ve opted to add fresh dhania to your dish, stir it in and serve.
- This delicious and fragrant Sweet and Spicy Chicken Curry can be served with a generous helping of ugali, pasta or rice.
Charline Carren is a blogger and an editor at Tech for Development. A trained Public Relations and communication specialist.
My passion for writing stems from the need to always provide solutions to peoples problems and sharing my opinion with my readers. I’m a proud content creator, communication and media strategies developer and a great public speaker.