2 Companies officially cut ties with DJ Fatxo following Jeff Mwathi’s tragic death
The unfortunate demise of a young interior designer Jeff Mwathi has attracted the attention of Kenyans, particularly on social media.
This is perhaps the most publicized murder after that of the Kianjokoma brothers at the height of the Covid pandemic.
At the center of the unfolding saga is one Lawrence Njuguna Wagura, popularly known as DJ Fatxo.
2 companies have since cut ties with him after he was designated as a person of interest in the case.
1. Lesedi Group Limited
- Lesedi Developers is a real estate company based in Thika, Kenya.
- The company had engaged the popular Mugithi Singer DJ Fatxo as its brand ambassador.
- Lesedi Developers is the latest company to officially cut ties with the entertainer following a raging case that has put their ambassador in a precarious position.
- Their statement read in part: “As a company, we take these accusations very seriously, and we have decided to dissociate ourselves from DJ Fatxo as our brand ambassador”
- In an effort to protect its corporate image, Lesedi Group recognized the anguish and misery that has engulfed the young interior designer’s family for more than 2 weeks.
- The company has been cast in the public gallery following intense marketing and publicity efforts.
- Lesedi Group presents itself as a premier investment partner that identifies land and passes on the opportunity to its clients for investment.
- In the statement plastered on its Facebook page, the company is visibly concerned about the allegations brought against the astute DJ Fatxo.
Also read: Top 5 Most Successful Plus Size Models in Kenya
2. Certified Homes Limited
- Also, a real estate company, Certified Homes Limited joined a host of other companies in a cutting-ties spree with DJ Fatxo.
- Certified Homes Ltd’s statement read in part: “In light of the recent happenings and our Brand Ambassador Dj Fatxo being mentioned as a person of interest in the ongoing investigations by the DCI leading to the death of Jeff Mwathi, we hereby terminate our contract with Dj Fatxo.”
- The Nairobi-based real estate firm is very active in the Joska area along Kangundo Road.
- The Nairobi City outskirt has in recent years attracted aspiring homeowners who have moved there in droves looking to buy land and construct houses.
- In its statement, Certified Homes pledged to stand with Jeff Mwathi’s family as they pursue answers.
Shocking details of Jeff Mwathi’s death
Residents of Rosewood Apartments along Lumumba Drive in Nairobi’s Kasarani area were stunned by Jeff Mwathi’s body on hard concrete.
It was reported that Jeff Mwathi had allegedly jumped from DJ Fatxo’s 10th-floor apartment at the residence. It was not long before Mr. Njuguna himself arrived at the scene.
Mwathi’s lifeless body on the floor was a culmination of a peculiar series of events on the night prior. It was reported that Jeff Mwathi was in the company of DJ Fatxo, his driver, his cousin, and three ladies. Together they visited several clubs before ending up in DJ Fatxo’s house in the wee hours of the night.
They drove to the house in two cars, one belonging to the musician and another an Uber. Jeff had apparently closed a deal to work on Fatxo’s new shop in Nairobi. The musician left his residence shortly supposedly to drop off their female companions.
Mwathi flew out of the tenth-floor house just before dawn, to be discovered by residents and management later at 9 AM. The driver and cousin are understood to have been at the residence during the incident.
Also read: 10 Most Followed Kenyan Celebrity Kids on Instagram
DJ Fatxo’s legal team
The skillful musician DJ Fatxo later appeared in a press conference flanked by his lawyers where he pledged to cooperate with police in the investigations. Among his lawyers is the fiery Ndegwa Njiru.
The advocate auditioned before Kenyans on live TV during impeachment trials. His surgical approach got Governor Waiguru off the hook during her impeachment. He also appeared in Embu Governor Wambora’s and Nairobi’s Sonko impeachment proceedings.