Once in a while you may need to replace your Safaricom SIM card for a number of reasons. You may have lost your phone, damaged your SIM card or just need the new 4G SIM card. Whichever your reason, there is now a faster convenient way to replace your Safaricom line without having to visit an Mpesa agent, Safaricom Shop or a dealership.
There are two techniques of replacing a Safaricom line by yourself without a visit to an Mpesa shop or Safaricom shop.
What you need
- Safaricom SIM replacement card
- Old Original PIN-the PIN on the card
- Your old phone number
- Active Mpesa Account
Safaricom SIM Swap/Replacement (do it yourself)
- Insert the new SIM card into your phone
- Dial *180*1*Phone no.*Original Pin*IMSI#
Example; Mobile Phone no-0741***3, Pin-0022
(Note: this process will take sometime)
Safaricom SIM Swap/Replacement (Customer care)
- Call customer care on 100, Chat Safaricom or Tweet- Twitter works much faster
- They will ask questions to identify you
- Mention the serial number of the new SIM card
- Mention other details such as PIN and mobile phone number
Do you have any news or article you would like us to publish? Kindly reach us via [email protected] or [email protected].