iTax App: How to file your tax online using
Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) introduces the iTax Mobile App; a software application designed to run on the Android platform to enable ease of access to tax services leveraging on the fast-growing mobile industry in Kenya.
The mobile app in its first phase will enable you facilitate any of the following tax transactions:
1. Filing of NIL returns for all tax obligations: VAT, Pay as You Earn (PAYE), Income Tax Company (IT2C), Income Tax Partnership (IT2P), Income Tax Individual (IT1), Monthly Rental Income (MRI) return, Turnover Tax and Excise return.
2. Payment registration for Monthly Rental Income (MRI) return. The generated payment registration number (PRN) may be used to facilitate tax payments in any of the agent commercial banks in Kenya or via mobile service providers (M-Pesa, Airtel).
- PIN Checker: Confirms validity of PIN details as held by KRA and whether the status is active, suspended or cancelled.
- Tax Compliance Certificate (TCC) application: A reference number is issued for tracking purposes and further communication made via email.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and information packages on the KRA online iTax system.
- Contact information.
You can download the iTax mobile app here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=kra.itax.mobile
1. Usability and Design
The iTax app is very simple, direct and easy to navigate. The design of the product looks fantastic, perfect combination of the red, white and black KRA colors makes it looks fantastic.
2. Features and Functionality
The iTax app gives users an ample time with great features, as can just easily log in to the iTax accounts through a user ID/PIN and password using the app. The app features include registration for payment, filing Nil Return, VAT, Excise duty, Self-Assessment tax among others.
3. Application Performance
Many users of the iTax app especially from the review section have complained about the app’s responsiveness, speed, scalability, stability of the product while processing major tasks as slow.
4. Overall Pro
Generally, the iTax app enable ease of access to tax services leveraging thus facilitate tax payments in any of the agent commercial banks in Kenya or via mobile service providers (M-Pesa, Airtel).
5. Overall Cons
With more Kenyans now using online tax services, the app’s responsiveness, speed, scalability, stability will generally be slow depending on the number of users at any given time
6. Other Helpful Comments
Excellent user interface, very easy to file nil return and verify details of TCC, PIN and Withholding certificates.
- Requires Android 4.3 and Up
- Current Version; 1.0.3
- Size; 4.6 MB
- Price: Free
- Rates: 3.8 Stars out of 448 Reviews and comments.
The app has however received fierce reviews and feedback on its Comment posting section.
Get the latest global news updates in politics, business, entertainment, lifestyle, technology , sports and modern trends