5 warnings CS Fred Matiangi has issued to criminals terrorising Kiambu residents
Internal Security Cabinet Secretary Fred Matiang’i has on Thursday, September 26, issued several warnings to gangsters terrorising locals in Kiambu County.
Matiang’i who was speaking in Gatundu in the presence of Gatundu South MP Moses Kuria, Kiambu County Deputy Governor James Nyoro, Inspector General Hillary Mutyambai among other leaders said he will deal with all criminals and sleepy administrators the Michuki way.
“We have had a comprehensive discussion with all stakeholders and security team in Kiambu county and we are taking a drastic decision to address some of the challenges on security in this area,” said Matiang’i.
“I am following the footstep of John Michuki, we can’t let this issue of insecurity go on while our people are being frustrated,” he added.
Matiangi said while visiting the area one gentleman gave him a heart-wrenching story that really broke his heart and even motivated him to work more with to ensure the wanainchi of Kiambu county sleep well and do their business in peace.
Among some of the drastic measures that Matiang’i stated included.
- A complete reorganisation national government administration and security in Kiambu County with immediate effect.
2. Ensure all vacant position of chiefs are filled to be advertised immediately where interviews will be done and complete the process of recruitment before October 15.
3. Reorganised police deployment in Kiambu to address some of the challenges and comb the area
4. He also warned that politicians using young people to disrupt peace in the area will also be dealt with.
5. The public should warn any criminal if they know any because the police will be hard on them.