The return is filed online via the iTax system and here is the procedure;
- Log on to the iTax system. Note that to be able to use the system you have to register with iTax here.
- Download the residential rental income tax return form (the return can also be completed online )
- Fill in the required details in the form
- Upload the completed return and submit.
- Generate the electronic payment slip to use in paying the tax at any KRA appointed bank or through Mpesa/Airtel money.
- To pay via mobile money, select the payment option of cash while generating the payment slip.
- Paying via Mpesa, use the KRA paybill number 572572 and the account number is the Payment Registration Number quoted at the top right corner of the generated Payment Slip.
- Paying via Airtel Money, dial KRA USSD code *572# to access the menu and select the E-slip generation self-service menu. Proceed to make payment using the E-slip number