Airtel Money is a mobile money transfer service run Airtel in Kenya and many other African countries. Airtel is the second largest mobile phone company in Kenya. It has a total client base of 6 million and growing. This growing number presents a good business proposition in being their Airtel money agent.
Running an Airtel money agent in your business will earn you extra income. Not only will it help you earn extra income in terms of commissions but it will also increase traffic to your shop, traffic that can be converted to clients.
If you have been entertaining the thought of being an Airtel money agent then this is the time to do so. Here is the procedure of how to become an Airtel Money Agent.
What you need
- One properly completed Airtel Money Agent Application form
- A copy of your Business Registration certificate (this is the one you get at the company registry or Huduma center)
- A copy of your PIN Certificate
- A copy of the ID of the business owner
- Capital Requirement of Ksh 30,000 for each outlet
- One outlet location but not more than 3 outlets.
- Two Passport photo of the business owner
If you have these documents ready you have a number of ways to initiate the registration process.
How to register
- Present the required documents to your nearest Airtel center or to your Airtel representative, or send in scanned copies of the documents.
- If you can’t to reach Airtel in person, send in an email to the address email@example.com with details of your location or
- Call Airtel on 111 and mention your location to the agents
- A representative will visit you and take you through the next steps
- Once approval, you will be issued with your trading SIM card and be trained by an Airtel Money representative.
- You will also be issued with the mandatory Airtel money point of sale materials and user guides