How to be a Telkom T-Kash Agent
Made up of authorized people and businesses across the country.
- Telkom retail shops
- Partner banks
- Fuel service stations
Agent attributes and responsibilities.
- Facilitate cash deposits for T-kash registered customers.
- Process cash withdrawals for both T-kash registered and non-registered customers.
- Educate customers on compliance and how to use the service.
- Sell Telkom SIM cards, and register and sign up new subscribers on to T-kash.
- Act as a point of resolving minor customer issues.
Start your entrepreneurial journey and reap the benefits of being a T-kash Agent. To be successful you MUST meet the following:
- Certificate of incorporation for limited companies, certificate of registration for Sole Proprietor, and a Partnership deed for Partners.
- Bank statements for the last 6 months.
- Business should have been in operation for at least 6 months.
- Agent should have at least 3 shops that are ready to offer T-kash services.
- Minimum float of at least KShs.100, 000 for the *Agency Head Office.
- Minimum purchase of 100 lines.
The minimum qualification of Agent Assistants should be a KCSE certificate.
- Head office computer.
- A printer for printing reports.
- Internet connectivity of acceptable speeds to Telkom Kenya.
- At least 1 staff to handle head office operations.
- Official line and email.
- Any other equipment necessary to conduct the business like; desks, chairs, stationery, pens and a pay point.
Premises and their maintenance
Agents must adhere to Telkom Kenya branding and merchandising standards. (Minimum requirements to be communicated to the Agents in advance).
Includes banks, hospitals, supermarkets, hotels, buildings and exchange bureaus.
- Minimum float holding of KShs. 200,000 in the head office.
- Minimum of 1 outlet.
- Temporary Agents for special purposes – to be approved from time to time.
- Unique operations (Hospitals).
- Remote locations.
The original copies MUST be presented for verification at the time of handing in the application.
Requirements for Telkom Kenya partners
- Completed T-kash Agent application forms.
- Certificate of Incorporation or Certificate of Registration.
- A Valid CR12 Form, or an equivalent document showing the list of directors (3 months valid).
- Copies of IDs for the Administration Officers and Agent assistants as indicated in the application forms.
Requirements for Non-Telkom Kenya partners
- Certificate of Incorporation or equivalent.
- Form CR12 or an equivalent form, should be valid for the last 3 months.
- Copies of IDs and passport photos of Directors or persons playing an equivalent role.
- Copy of VAT and/or PIN Certificate where applicable.
- Copy of Memorandum and Articles of Association.
- A brief profile of the company.
- A list of the outlets.
- Copies of IDs of the Office Administrators and Agent assistants, as appearing in application forms.
- Completed T-kash Agent application forms.
- Business Permits for each of the outlets.
- Proof of a minimum of six (6) months company bank statements.
- Completed Board Resolution or Personal Declaration forms by the Directors or persons in equivalent roles.
- Certificate of Good Conduct for the Directors.
Requirements for Stand-Alone Agents
As outlined in the requirements for Non-Telkom Kenya partners, bank statements are not necessary for financial institutions.
- Certificate of Registration.
- Form CR14/Annual Returns to the Commission of Co-operatives.
- The SACCO’s PIN Certificate.
- Brief profile of SACCO.
- List of branches.
- Copies of passport photos of Executive Committee Members.
- Copies of IDs of the Office Administrators and Primary Assistants as indicated in the application forms.
- Completed T-kash Agent Application forms.
- Business permits of the Head Office and each of the outlets.
- Completed Personal Declaration forms of Executive Committee Members.
- Certificate of Good Conduct of Executive Committee Members.
- Introduction letter from Registrar of Cooperatives, District/Provincial Registrar, with the names of the Executive Officer, valid for the last 3 months.
- Duly filled T-kash contract.
- Valid Business Permit.
- Copies of IDs of Owner/s and/or Administrator/s.
- Passport photos of Director/s and Administrator/s.
Minimum float of KShs. 50,000 and maintain a minimum balance of KShs. 20,000.
Staff should have a minimum of KCSE certification
For any queries, contact them on [email protected]
Get the latest global news updates in politics, business, entertainment, lifestyle, technology , sports and modern trends