Civil marriage is one that is performed, recorded and recognized by a Government official.
- Be above 18 years.
- Consent to the marriage
- The marriage must be one accepted by the government of Kenya of a Man and Woman.
1. Complete Notice of Intention to Marry form
2. After the 21 days, the couple fills the affidavit under S 11 of the Marriage Act and then gets it commissioned by the Registrar and completes a Marriage Certificate Form.
3. If the application is approved, the couple then after paying a fee, books a date for the marriage. The marriage must take place within three months from the date of giving the 21-day notice.
4. On the Marriage date, both parties will go to the Registrar’s Office with two witnesses and they will be granted the Marriage Certificate
The marriage certificate is valid as long as the couple is married.
|Cost:||Notice – Ksh. 200
Marriage Certificate – Ksh. 1,500
For more information call Huduma Contact Centre: +254 (020) 6900020
Or visit nearest Huduma Centre
Or Contact: SHERIA HOUSE, HARAMBEE AVENUE
P.O. Box 40112-00100, Nairobi, Kenya
0711 9445555/0732 529995
E-mail: [email protected]
Get the latest global news updates in politics, business, entertainment, lifestyle, technology , sports and modern trends