Another scare at Likoni Ferry as passenger’s phone explodes
Passengers aboard the Kenya Ferry’s MV Harambee were in shock after a man’s phone battery exploded bursting into flames.
The incident happened on Tuesday at 9 am when the passenger tried to open the phone cover.
The man sustained minor injuries.
kenya Ferry Services confirmed the incident on their official Twitter handle.
“At 00900HRS onboard MV. Harambee, a male Passenger’s faulty phone battery burst into flames as he opened its cover, our staff and police onboard responded. Police investigations are ongoing,” reads KFS tweet.
“Police are investigating the incident that took place at 9 am,” Kenya Ferry services said via Twitter on Tuesday.
The ferry service transports more than 300,000 people and 6,000 vehicles daily across the Likoni channel.