How to Apply for Tax Exemption
Tax exception is applicable for people living with a disability, charitable organizations etc.
To apply for tax exemption in relation to the personal income of Persons with Disabilities, an applicant is expected to fill induplicate Tax exemption form and attach the following:
- A copy of pin certificate
- Certified copy of current payslip where applicable
- A copy of the National Identification card
- A copy of a Doctors medical report from the government gazetted hospitals
- A letter from the employer where applicable stating the nature of the disabilityThe form is to be submitted to the Director of Nation Council for persons with Disability (NCPWD) who shall upon verification of registration of the applicant by the Council sign and forward the application to the Commissioner for Domestic tax at Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
Determination by The Commissioner of Domestic Taxes will be subject to Applicants physically interviews before Domestic Taxes Department Officers in the nearest KRA offices
For more information call Huduma Contact Centre: +254 (020) 6900020 Or visit nearest Huduma Centre Or Contact: Kenya Revenue Authority
Get the latest global news updates in politics, business, entertainment, lifestyle, technology , sports and modern trends