DStv Now is a free app for DStv customers. It’s the home of DStv on the move – with the ability to watch Live TV, see the full DStv TV Guide, enjoy DStv Catch Up content and manage your account at your convenience on a variety of devices, from desktop and laptop computers, to a multitude of Android and iOS-based tablets and smartphones. In order to stream Live TV and get DStv Catch Up via DStv Now, you need to be a DStv Premium, DStv Compact Plus or DStv Compact customer
DStv Now is a free download. A connect ID is required to access DStv Now. Your ability to view Live TV channels and Catchup will vary according to your subscription.
You need to have access to a PC or MAC, or an Android or iOS device, plus access to a broadband Internet connection and you also need a Connect ID. We strongly suggest using DStv Now in conjunction with an uncapped ISP account and familiarising yourself with the fees that your operator charges for data (both in and out of bundle). Streaming Live TV and watching DStv Catch Up content is only available to active DStv Premium, DStv Compact Plus and DStv Compact customers.
How do i use DsTv Now?
- Login to DStv Now via your PC or MAC, or download the DStv Now App from your App store.
- You will be asked to Login using your Connect ID. If you don’t have a Connect ID, please refer to the Connect Login and Registration.
- Link your smartcard to your DStv Connect Account Website users can do this by following the prompts on the website. iOS users who have downloaded the app need to visit www.dstv.com. Android users who have downloaded the app will be given the option to register and link smartcards within the App.
- Note: streaming Live TV and watching DStv Catch Up content is only available to active DStv Premium, DStv Compact Plus and DStv Compact customers.
How much data will DsTv Now use?
As with any other video service, content streamed from DStv Now could potentially use large amounts of data.
You are able to control the amount of data used by selecting the Video Quality setting while playing video on the DStv Now website, or changing the Maximum Video Quality in the Settings menu of both the Android and iOS apps.
Depending on the speed of your Internet connection, you can expect to consume the following amount of data while streaming Live TV:
- Standard Definition (SD) channel can consume between 1.9MB per minute and 13.5MB per minute.
- High Definition (HD) channels can consume up to 20MB per minute.
Video sizes for DStv Catch Up vary in size, depending on the quality of the video and the length of the title:
- Series can range from 200 MB to 300 MB
- Movies can be anywhere from 700 MB to 5 GB
You can register a maximum of four devices to your single DStv Premium, DStv Compact Plus or DStv Compact subscription. A maximum of two simultaneous viewing streams across your registered devices is permitted.
This means that you can either: be streaming two live TV channels OR stream two Catch Up videos OR stream one live TV channel and one Catch Up video.
We strongly suggest using DStv Now in conjunction with an uncapped ISP account and familiarizing yourself with the fees that your operator charges for data (both in and out of bundle).
Do you have any news or article you would like us to publish? Kindly reach us via [email protected] or [email protected].