How to register on M-TIBA Safaricom Services.
M-TIBA is a service on your mobile phone that allows you to set funds aside for healthcare. Funds stored in M-TIBA can only be used to pay for services and medication at specific healthcare facilities which carry the M-TIBA logo. You can transfer funds from your M-PESA to your M-TIBA. Funds stored in M-TIBA are managed by UAP insurance.
M-TIBA is customized for you:
- To set funds aside regularly using your mobile phone
- To set funds aside flexibly according to your income; you can deposit from as little as KSHs.10.
- To set funds aside affordably; registration into M-TIBA is free. Transactions from your M-PESA to your M-TIBA are free. No transaction costs at the healthcare facility when you pay.
- To manage healthcare for your extended family
- To access better healthcare conveniently
How to register on M-TIBA
There are multiple ways to register on M-TIBA:
- Simply dial *253#
- An M-TIBA agent
- At any of the facilities that carry the M-TIBA logo
- By calling M-TIBA Toll Free line 0800 721253.
For more information, call the Toll Free Customer Care Center on 0800721253 or email [email protected]
Who is an M-TIBA agent and what does he/she do?
An M-TIBA agent is an authorized person who can provide information on M-TIBA and help you with the following activities:
- Registration on M-TIBA
- Transfer funds from your M-PESA to your M-TIBA
- Provide a list of healthcare facilities participating in M-TIBA in your area
- Provide information about promotional offerings on M-TIBA
You are advised not to give cash to M-TIBA agents.
Who qualifies to register for M-TIBA?
Anyone who is a Safaricom customer above the age of 18 years is eligible to register for M-TIBA
What documents do I need to register for M-TIBA?
You must have a duly registered Safaricom SIM card and be a holder of a valid national identity card or passport.