NHIF registers all eligible members from both the formal and informal sector. For those in the formal sector, it is compulsory to be a member. For those in the informal sector and retirees, membership is open and voluntary. To register with NHIF as a member, fill in the Members Form. To register as an employer or organized group, fill in the Employers Form.
Who is eligible?
- Any person…
Who is a *resident in Kenya?
- Has attained the age of 18 years. (No age limit after the age of 18 years)
- Whose total income from salaried or self-employment is more than Kshs. 1,000 per month or Kshs. 12,000 per year.
- Drawing an income from Kenya
- Working under contract or casual terms of employment (It also includes voluntary contributors)This includes foreign visitors permitted to work or study in Kenya
What do I need to bring?
1. Copy of National I.D (including spouse if applicable)
2. Copy of Employer Appointment/Introduction Letter (excludes self employed/voluntary contributors)
3. Coloured passport photo (including spouse & dependants if applicable)
4. Original & copies of Birth Certificate(s) for dependants
1. Copies of passport, alien certificate or work permit (including spouse if applicable)
2. Coloured passport photo (including spouse & dependants if applicable)
1. Copy of passport
2. Coloured passport photo
3. Submit the required amount under the Voluntary/Self Employed Category
Where can I drop off my form?
- At any of our branches located country wide.