MoneyGram is a global provider of innovative money transfer services and is recognized worldwide as a financial connection to friends and family. Whether online, or through a mobile device, at a kiosk or in a local store, we connect consumers any way that is convenient for them. We also provide bill payment services, issue money orders and process official checks in select markets.
What do I need in order to receive my money transfer?
You’ll need the following in order to receive your money transfer:
- Government-issued identification (ID) that displays your legal name1
- Reference number – request the reference number from the person who sent you the money transfer2
Please note, your name on the transfer record, completed by the person sending you the transfer, must exactly match your name as it appears on your official ID.
Requirements vary by country so please ask your local MoneyGram agent for details about their process and procedures.
How do I find the nearest MoneyGram agent location?
MoneyGram is available at agent locations around the world so we are never far away. To find an agent location near you, use our locator tool on this site.
- Ask for the reference number associated with your transfer. The person sending you the money transfer will have the reference number.
- Visit a MoneyGram location. Remember to bring your reference number and personal identification*.
- Complete the receiver form at the location and hand the completed form to the MoneyGram agent to receive your money.
You may be required to provide personal identification*, usually one or more of the following:
- Driving license
- National identity card or
- Government-issued identification
You may also be required to provide proof of address.
Please ask your local MoneyGram agent for acceptable identification formats, as well as details about their process and procedures.
Requirements vary by country and agent. Please contact your local MoneyGram agent in advance for information about their process and procedures.
Note that: your name on the transfer record must exactly match your name as it appears on your official ID.
When will the money be available for pick up?
Money is typically ready for cash pickup within 24 hours* after the transfer has been sent successfully.
Do you have any news or article you would like us to publish? Kindly reach us via [email protected] or [email protected]