How to get a kenyan passport
- Go to ecitizen.go.ke and register an account.
- Login to the ecitizen platform after successful registration and navigate to Department of Imigration Services then submit application then Passport and Temporary Permits.
- You should then click on Passport Application form. The page that opens has instructions on how to fill the application form.
- After reading the instructions nagivate downwards and then click on apply now.
- Fill the application form.
- Select the mode of payment and then pay the passport fees. The payment modes are: M-PESA, Debit/Credit Card, Airtel Money and eCitizen Agent.
- Download and print the application and three application receipts.
- Submit the application form in person plus the necessary documents to an immigration centre near you (Nairobi, Mombasa and Kisumu).
During the Submission you will need the following:
- An eCitizen pre-filled passport application form and three receipts.
- Original birth certificate and photocopy.
- Original National ID Card & copy.
- Three Current passport size photos.
- Recommender’s ID Card copy.
- Consent letter for minors.
- Old passport for replacement.
- Parents National ID cards and copy.
The Kenyan passport fees that apply are as follows
- 32 Pages – Kshs. 4,550
- 48 pages – Kshs. 6,050
- 64 Pages – Kshs. 7,550
- East African Passport – Kshs. 990
- Diplomatic passport (48 page) – Kshs 7,550
- Mutilated Passport – Kshs 10,050
- Lost Passport Ksh. 12,050
Get the latest global news updates in politics, business, entertainment, lifestyle, technology , sports and modern trends