How to Apply for Kenya Medical Training College
The institution boasts of a highly qualified and experienced teaching and administrative staff. The national distribution of the College is its biggest uniqueness. With 65 constituent colleges spread throughout the country as far as Lodwar and Garissa, Loitoktok and Kisumu, the impact of the College in improving healthcare is felt in all parts of the country.
Today, you are sure to find KMTC in every corner of this country, strategically located next to a provincial or district hospitals where students go for clinical attachment.
KMTC, the only public middle-level health training institution under the Ministry of Medical Services, started in 1927 with four students at Kenya Institute of Administration (KIA), Kabete.
Today KMTC has grown tremendously, curving a niche for itself as one of the largest medical training institution in East and Central Africa and even beyond- drawing students from Uganda, Tanzania, Burundi, Rwanda, Sudan, and Nigeria.
This unprecedented growth from humble beginnings to the complex college it is today is attributable to the unwavering support of the government, hard work by the dedicated staff, students’ diligence and sound management.
The wide range of our courses, from certificate to diploma to higher diploma, reflects the institution’s responsiveness to the needs of our nation.
The rising number of admissions show the trust bestowed on us by the public and the aspirations of our valued clients, the students.
All applications are ONLINE from the application portal on this website www.kmtc.ac.ke The prospective candidates apply for admission into Courses for each academic year for Regular or Parallel Category. The Regular category has subsidized fee with optional accommodation but no choice for Campus while the parallel category has non subsidized fee, no accommodation option but has the option for Campuses choice in more than Forty-one (65) campuses situated in different parts of the country depending on the courses.
- Prospective candidates are expected to visit the applicants’ portal, read the advertisement to know the various courses and their specific entry requirements.
- Candidates interested in making an application are advised to READ the application guidelines (preservice/Inservice) available on the application portal
- Candidates are advised to follow the steps carefully given in the application guideline to the end to be sure of application success.
- Take note that the application period has timelines as stipulated on the advertisement please observe them
All applicants to KMTC are advised to ensure that their applications are correctly done so as to compete for opportunities fairly; some of the areas to note are as follows;
- KMTC has many courses at various levels and varying entry requirement clusters hence taking time to read the advertisement that has key information necessary for the application to be made with clear information
- Determine the course you would like to study and be sure you qualify.
- Plan for your training at KMTC on time, funding and social support
- Be ready to take up your course if successful in any part of this country since our campuses are spread all over the country
- Follow APPLICATION GUIDELINES and ensure you have applied in time and correctly
- Remain active on email remembering your credentials that you can access your email at any time.
Get the latest global news updates in politics, business, entertainment, lifestyle, technology , sports and modern trends