How to file KRA Nil Returns
Did you know that if you don’t file KRA tax return form whether you are employed or not you will be fined ksh 20,000? This is not a one time fine and yet you can avoid it.
Below is a step by step guide on how to go about it and avoid unnecessary fines if you are jobless and at one point had acquired a KRA pin for HELB or other purposes.
Step one: iTax login
- The first thing you need to do is visit the iTax platform
- On the left-hand side, you will see an empty tab, feed your KRA Pin number or User ID here and click on continue.
- Enter your password and key in the Security Stamp (Security Stamp is something like 50+8=??)
- In case you don’t remember your password, just click on forgot password located at the bottom right of the page and follow prompts to set a new password.
Step two: E-nil returns
- After a successful login, you will be redirected to a page with a red menu top.
- Click on the ‘Returns’ icon and a drop-down menu will appear; select the File Nil Returns option.
- You will be required to fill in some information as indicated below.
- Type: Self
- Taxpayer Pin: Your Pin
- Tax Obligation: Income tax Resident
- After you’re done click on next.
Step three: Income tax- resident individual nil E-return
- You will be redirected to a new page and you have to key in your KRA Personal Identification Number, Wife Pin (leave it blank if you’re not married), Return period dates which in this case in 2018 will be 01/01/2017 to 31/12/2017 (this is automated, once you click on the small calendar on your right).
- Press the submit button after you are done filling the above information.
If the submission was successful, an e return acknowledgment receipt KRA will be generated on the platform. Click on download Return Receipt, and you will be done. The above procedure takes just a few minutes to complete provided that you have a stable internet connection on your electronic device.
Do you have any news or article you would like us to publish? Kindly reach us via [email protected] or [email protected].