Huduma Namba (NIIMS) application and requirements
What is Huduma Namba?
This is a unique number generated by the National Integrated Identity Management system (NIIMS). The number (Huduma Namba) is created through the collection of biometric data from Kenyans. Huduma Namba will enable one to access government services. Such services include applying for a driving license, ID, birth certificate among others.
Huduma Namba is issued to Kenyan citizens, permanent residents, and temporary (working) residents. Currently, the number is issued to an individual via manual registration through local government officials.
After registration, the data collected is stored in a central database, i.e. The National Integrated Identity Management System (NIIMS). The primary purpose of NIIMS is to capture, manage, maintain and operate a national register of Kenyan residents.
NIIMS Portal will also be used to:
- To assign a unique national identification number (Huduma Namba) to every person registered.
- To create and maintain a national population database.
- Assist in the issuance of the following documents:
- National ID Cards
- Work Permits
- Passports and travel documents
- Birth and Death Certificates
- Student ID’s and any other government identifications documents.
Why Huduma Namba?
Huduma Namba will drastically reduce the number of documents that a person residing in the country is currently required to have to access Government services.
It will also improve government service delivery in all government institutions since it contains all the information required to access different government services.
Documents Required to Register for the Huduma Namba.
To get your number, you will need one of the following documents.
- Original National ID card.
- A Birth Certificate
- KRA PIN
- A valid driving license.’
At the registration center, you’ll be required to fill a form by providing personal details such as:
- Your Full names
- Date and place of Birth
- Phone number
- Physical and permanent address. etc. etc
- Your fingerprint for biometric registration.
How Information is Captured.
At the registration center, you will be required to fill a form which will contain all your biodata, photo, and biometrics. The form will later be transferred to a registration kit for tempory storage and after that be uploaded to the NIIMS central Server.