Otile Brown speaks on Yaya Centre accident

PHOTO/COURTESY

The chagua la moyo hitmaker Otile Brown has issued a statement following last week’s accident where he allegedly knocked down two people riding a boda boda outside the Wet Hole club in Kilimani.

In a statement on his social media page, Otile took fault for the incident, acknowledging that he was truly remorseful for the turnout of the event.

“To my dear fans, family, friends, and supporters, my team and I would like to officially acknowledge the accident I had on Wednesday the 20th of November 2019 around Yaya Centre involving my car with a boda boda carrying 2 passengers,” he said.

Also Read: Get a degree first before you criticise the government, Tanzanian rapper told

However, the singer downplayed previous allegations leveled against him that he had taken the victims to hospital only to abandon them. But according to him contrary to the said belief, he reached out and catered to all their needs.

“My team and I took the injured persons to the hospital and made sure they receive the needed necessary treatment and we catered for the resulting bills.”

“Two people had sustained minor injuries and were released on the same night after treatment while the rider of the boda boda Mr.Yassin Maina Richard had to be admitted to the hospital for further checkup,” he wrote.

“I have kept constant communication with Mr. Yassin’s family and to enable him resume earning a living for his family I have procured a new motorbike for him. While accidents are unavoidable, we must remain human. I would like to thank all those who called to check on me and continue praying for Mr. Yassin’s recovery,” he went on to say.

Do you have any news or article you would like us to publish? Kindly reach us via [email protected]