A passport is one of the most important travel documents that is usually issued by a country’s government to its citizens.
It basically certifies the identity and nationality of its holder primarily for the purpose of international travel.
Having a passport is great but holding a powerful one is the joy of any traveller since it gives you access to more destinations to visit around the globe.
According to the latest 2020 Henley Passport Index (HPI) ranking, Kenya has moved slightly higher in Africa.
Below are the top 8 most powerful passports in Africa according to HPI.
- Seychelles – grants access to 151 destinations without a prior visa
2. South Africa -grants access to 100 destinations without a prior visa
3. Botswana – grants access to 84 destinations without a prior visa
4. Namibia – grants access to 76 destinations without a prior visa
5. Lesotho – grants access to 74 destinations without a prior visa
6. Eswatini – grants access to 73 destinations without a prior visa
7. Malawi -grants access to 72 destinations without a prior visa
8. Kenya – grants access to 71 destinations without a prior visa
Globally Kenya ties with China and Indonesia at position 72.
Kenya is my business and development in the country is my heartbeat. If you have any breaking news story on development, politics, human interest, sports, and governance that has to be told, reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can showcase Kenya together. I believe there’s no place like home and the world will know Kenya when we tell our story. I focus more on political stories, governance, education, development and human interest stories