How to Top Up via SMS, USSD and ATM with Safaricom
Indirect Top Up via SMS
- Create a new SMS message and enter (#) immediately after the 12-digit scratch card PIN you want to top up, followed by the mobile number you want to top-up, e.g., 123456789012#0722123456.
- Send to 141.
- Wait for confirmation by SMS.
- Both you and the person receiving the airtime will receive an SMS notification upon successful top-up.
Indirect Top Up via USSD
- Key in *141*12-digit scratch card PIN you want to top up * mobile number you want to top-up#, e.g. *141*123456789012*0722123456#.
- Press the CALL/OK button.
- Both you and the person receiving the airtime will receive a notification upon successful top-up.
ATM Top Up
The service enables you, as a PrePay subscriber who operates an account with either I&M Bank, Equity Bank, KCB, Eco Bank, National Bank of Kenya, Co-operative Bank or ABC Bank to purchase Safaricom airtime at any of the automated teller machines (ATMs) available countrywide.
How ATM Top Up Works
- The service is similar to other ATM services, and a receipt containing the airtime PIN would be issued after the transaction.
- Your Safaricom airtime account is topped up by entering the airtime PIN printed on the receipt issued, and funds equivalent in value to the airtime purchased will be debited/deducted from your account.
- This option gives you a 24-hour option to buy airtime.
Do you have any news or article you would like us to publish? Kindly reach us via [email protected] or [email protected].