How to renew an expired Kenyan passport
If you have an expired Kenyan passport, then you must apply for a new one. This is how you do it.
- Applicants MUST appear in person for digital photo and biometrics capture.
- An eCitizen pre-filled passport application form and three invoices.
- Expired passport and photocopy of last two pages.
- Original National ID Card & photocopy (copy certified by a lawyer).
- Three Current passport size photos.
- Recommenders ID Card copy (certified by a lawyer).
Kenyan passport application form
You have to fill the passport application form online on eCitizen.The application must be recommended in section 7 by a citizen of Kenya. The person recommending the applicant must not be an immediate relative.
1. The photographs must be three in number.
2. The photographs must be taken full face without a hat.
3. The photographs must not be mounted.
4. The size of the photographs must not be more than 2½ inches by 2 inches or less than 2 inches by 1½ inches.
5. The photographs must be printed on normal thin photographic paper and must not be glazed on the reverse side.
6. The person recommending the applicant is required to endorse the reverse side of one copy of the photographs with the words: I certify that this is a true likeness of the applicant Mr. (Mrs. or Miss) and add his signature.
Kenyans will have to start the application process for their passport on the eCitizen platform. Thereafter they will be required to visit an immigration office in Nairobi, Mombasa, and Kisumu for collection of fingerprints, digital photo and signature and also to drop required documents.
Those in the diaspora can apply for the new passport through Kenyan embassies and consulates near them.
Expired Kenyan Passport fees
- A series (32 pages) – Ksh. 4,550
- B series (48 pages) – Ksh. 6,050
- C series (64 pages) – Ksh. 7,550
- Diplomatic – Ksh. 7,550