What do I need in order to receive my money transfer.
You’ll need the following in order to receive your money transfer:
- Government-issued identification card (ID) that displays your legal name
- Reference number – request the reference number from the person who sent you the money transfer
Please note, your name on the transfer record, completed by the person sending you the transfer, must exactly match your name as it appears on your official ID.
Requirements vary by country so please ask your local MoneyGram agent for details about their process and procedures.
How to Receive Money in Kenya using Money Gram.
- Ask for the reference number associated with your transfer. The person sending you the money transfer will have the reference number.
- Visit a MoneyGram location. Remember to bring your reference number and personal identification*.
- Complete the receiver form at the location and hand the completed form to the MoneyGram agent to receive your money.
You may be required to provide personal identification*, usually one or more of the following:
- Driving license
- National identity card or
- Government-issued identification
You may also be required to provide proof of address.
Please ask your local MoneyGram agent for acceptable identification formats, as well as details about their process and procedures.
Requirements vary by country and agent. Please contact your local MoneyGram agent in advance for information about their process and procedures.
*Please note, your name on the transfer record must exactly match your name as it appears on your official ID.