Stima Sacco society is among the oldest and best licensed deposit-taking Sacco in Kenya. The main objective of this Sacco is to uplift it’s members social-economic wellbeing. However, apart from being a deposit-taking Sacco, the Sacco also offers front office service activity. Therefore responding to its member’s everyday banking needs. In this article, we will discuss how to join Stima Sacco
How to Join Stima Sacco
Stima Sacco has four main categories of membership, and each has a specific procedure to follow to be a member.
Therefore, we will discuss how to join each type of membership in details.
How to join as an Individual Member
- Complete their membership application form.
- The form should be accompanied by a copy of national ID or passport
- An original colored passport photograph size is also needed.
For Joint Membership application:
Fill in a membership application form and then attach copies of ID or passport and the passport size photos for the two individuals and then submit it.
How to Join Stima Sacco as a group
Group membership has a few more requirements than the individual and joint membership as explained below:
- To complete a group membership application form. This form can be downloaded from the Stima Sacco website.
- Constitution of the group should be attached.
- Attach also the minutes for the group meeting where it discussed joining the Sacco.
- Copies of the signatories ID, passport photos or photos are also to be attached.
- The group registration certificate also has to be filled.
- The group member application is now ready for submission.
Corporate membership process to Join Stima Sacco
- Download the corporate membership application form from the website and complete it.
- Attach copies of articles of association.
- One should also attach the minutes for the meeting where the board members resolved to join Stima Sacco.
- Company’s registration certificate copy also has to be attached.
- ID, passport and passport size copies for all the signatories for the company also has to be attached.
Whether one is making an application to join as an individual or corporate, all claims should be submitted to any of the Stima Sacco offices for processing. Upon completion of processing them, a Stima Sacco staff will reach out and guide you on the other steps to take.
There are very many benefits of joining a Sacco in Kenya. For instance, one can access loans at relatively cheaper interest rates as compared to banks. The other advantage may be security and growth for monies saved in the Sacco. As well as access to a wide variety of investment opportunities as made available by the Sacco to its members.
What Makes Stima Sacco the Best Sacco to Join?
- The Sacco has been in operation for the past 45 years, hence its credible and trustworthy.
- This Sacco has eight branches all over the country, making it easily accessible to its members.
- These branches are at:
- Nairobi (Parklands)
- Kawi centre – South C
- Nairobi (CBD)
Do you have any news or article you would like us to publish? Kindly reach us via [email protected] or [email protected].