The National Transport and Safety Authority has replaced the old driving licence with the new Smart DL for purposes of issuing duplicate driving licences.
HOW TO APPLY
- Go to www.ntsa.go.ke
- Click on TIMS Logo
- Click on SUBSCRIBE SMS (Allows you to receive messages in regards to the process).
- Click on REGISTER ACCOUNT.
- Enter National Identification serial number, KRA PIN number and one of your mothers name.
- Your password will be sent to the mobile phone number you have provided.
- Enter all necessary information and immediately change your password.
- Do not disclose your password to anyone. NTSA shall not be liable for any transaction within your account.
After successfully registering the account on TIMS, present yourself to any of the following NTSA offices; Mombasa (Imaara Building), Nairobi – (Likoni Road Inspection Center), Nakuru (Inspection Center) and Nyeri (Regional Commissioner’s Complex) for personalization and processing of the Smart Driving Licence at a cost of Ksh. 3,050 with a validity period of THREE years.
Click here to register your TIMS Account.