Requirements of getting a certificate of good conduct
A person who is above 18 years of age and person must have a second generation national ID and a clear photocopy of the national ID.
A child or a person below 18 years of age must have an original birth certificate and a clear copy of the birth certificate.
How to Apply for Good Conduct Certificate
1. Duly fill a C24 application form which can either be downloaded from the e-Citizen portal at dci.ecitizen.go.ke, at the Huduma Centres or at the DCI offices located at Mazingira House, Kiambu Road.
2. Make online processing fee payment of Ksh1050 for the Police Clearance Certificate through the mobile money platforms.
3. Present the Original ID and its photocopy (or Birth Certificate for minors), two (2) copies of the online payment invoice and one (1) copy of the C24 printed on both sides of a C24 to DCI headquarters or regional police headquarters.
4. Allow your fingerprints and palm prints to be recorded on a prescribed fingerprint form C24.
- The police good conduct certificate is valid for a period of one year from the date of printing hence is subject to annual renewal.
- This is in order to synchronize the certificate with the criminal records that may have entered into the police books within the period.