How to Apply for a Birth Certificate in Kenya
Registration of persons in Kenya is done under the office of the president in Kenya, the ministry of interior and co-ordination of National Government of Kenya, immigration and registrations of persons.
A child born in Kenya should be registered immediately after birth or within the first six months. This should be done by the parents or the designated guardians. Even if a child dies at birth, it still needs to be registered.
Details required in birth notification and registration include;
1. Name of the newly born baby
2. Date and place of birth
3. Sex of the child
4. Type of birth (single/multiple)
5. Nature of birth (alive/dead)
6. Name, age and marital status, previous births to, residential area and district of mother
7. Name of father (for married couples)
8. Signature of the applicant
Persons who qualify to register a newborn include:
1. Parents/ guardians of a newly born baby
2. Rescue centers taking charge of newly born abandoned babies
For more information call Huduma Contact Centre: +254 (020) 6900020 Or visit nearest Huduma Centre Or Contact: Department of Civil Registration
Hass Plaza 4th Floor, Lower Hill Road,
P.O Box 49179- 00100 Nairobi
Email; [email protected]
Do you have any news or article you would like us to publish? Kindly reach us via [email protected] or [email protected].