8 Simple steps to preventing yeast infection
Prevention is better than cure, why wait to get the infection while there is a number of things you can do to avoid a messy situation.
Vaginal yeast infection is a common complaint preventable by taking simple precautions. by following theses simple steps, you can reduce the number of times that you get the infection.
- Wearing loose-fitting clothing and cotton underwear
- Avoiding tight jeans and pantyhose, as yeast thrives in moist and warm environments
- Changing out of wet swimwear or gym clothing, as soon as possible
- Avoiding vaginal sprays, perfumes, and lotions, which can irritate the vagina and cause an imbalance of bacteria and yeast
- Drying the genital area thoroughly after showering or bathing
- Avoiding douches
- Using a water-based lubricant during sexual intercourse
- Showering after intercourse and oral sex
- Taking probiotics or eating probiotic-rich foods
- Reducing sugar consumption, as yeast feeds on sugar
- Taking antibiotics only when necessary, as these upset the body’s balance of bacteria and yeast
- Considering contraceptive choice, as estrogen-based contraception may promote the growth of yeast
Charline Carren is a blogger and an editor at Tech for Development. A trained Public Relations and communication specialist.
My passion for writing stems from the need to always provide solutions to peoples problems and sharing my opinion with my readers. I’m a proud content creator, communication and media strategies developer and a great public speaker.