The ministry of education is set to release the 2019 Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) result today.
This is after the Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) board gave the results a clean bill of health on Monday.
Here are some interesting facts you should be aware of as the whole nations await the official announcement from Education Cabinet Secretary George Magoha.
- A total of 699,745 students sat for the 2019 KCSE examinations.
2. The marking process took 14 days.
3. The results of 2019 come three days earlier than in 2018.
4. 2018, the top student Juliet Otieno from Pangani Girls scooped 87.6 points.
5. 26,597 teachers marked the examinations in 20 stations.
6. To get your results:
SMS your index number and send it to 20076 at a cost of sh25 across all networks.(this service is only available after the results are announced by CS Magoha)
7. KCSE 2019 exams were done in 10,287 centres
Kenya is my business and development in the country is my heartbeat. If you have any breaking news story on development, politics, human interest, sports, and governance that has to be told, reach me at email@example.com and we can showcase Kenya together. I believe there’s no place like home and the world will know Kenya when we tell our story. I focus more on political stories, governance, education, development and human interest stories